Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Getting Organized.

Who ever said that January 1st is the only time you can make new goals for yourself? Well it is almost 7 months into the new year and I have finally found my motivation to getting things done around here! I do a HUGE clean every Sunday, which leaves Saturday for the only day in my week to do family things, and if a family event arises on a Sunday, then everything gets backed up since it's kind of hard to do all the cleaning when the kids are here during the week, then when they leave I am so pooped.  (I run a home daycare for those of you who are wondering what I am talking about)

Well yesterday, I came up with this "chore" list for me to complete each day. Each day has a big project and some littler things that I can do, so that there is not just one day I am doing everything. Hopefully if I can stick to this the things I push off from week to week will get done more than once a month! I also decided to delegate some chores to my 7 yr old as she is perfectly capable of helping out with things around the house. I found this great dry erase board at Target last night for $8. Maybe I should make one for my husband too.


And my list..

So far so good. Paige is taking very well to having her own responsibilities in the house. We started it yesterday afternoon, and she keeps on checking it to make sure she got everything, and adding more. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

No comments: